Posted on December 19, 2016
Nearly 60% of Montanans with disabilities are unemployed. Nationally, the statistic is higher, with nearly 80% of individuals with disabilities unable to find and maintain employment. Our Community Placement Program works to change those statistics by opening doors of opportunity.
Those who we work with are eligible for and currently enrolled with Montana Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
We are aware that every employee needs to be an asset to their employer, and we work hard to ensure that each employment arrangement is a good fit for both the worker and the employer.
Our goal is to provide vocational services and support to adults and youth to help them become competitively employed with local employers. We help clients identify, obtain, and maintain competitive employment that matches their vocational skills, interests, and abilities.
We help people with all types of disabilities find jobs with community employers.
Services we provide include:
- Assistance with job search
- Contacting employers on client’s behalf
- Assistance with completing [online] job applications, resumes and cover letters
- Interview prep and soft skills
- Offer employer incentives, including tax benefits and on the job training programs
- Job shadows
- Job coaching on/off site
- Trouble-shooting on the job issues
- Assistance with training for employees
- Training supervisors/coworkers regarding interaction techniques and procedures
- Job assessment
There are many benefits for employers:
- Tax incentives
- Supporting a local non-profit
- Helping men and women with disabilities realize their work goals and to be able to live more independently and support their families
- On-the-job training programs which reimburse a portion of the new employee’s wages during a designated training period
We work with over 60 employers in local communities.
Here are just a few of the employers that we partner with through our Community Placement Program, providing meaningful employment opportunities:
Bovee’s Food Service
Express Personnel Services
Good Samaritan Thrift Store and Ministries
Helena Chamber of Commerce
Helena School District
La Casa Fiesta
Montana Independent Living Project
Peak Physical Therapy
Sodexo Food Services
State of Montana
State of Montana Department of Transportation
State of Montana Secretary of State’s Office
St. Peter’s Hospital
Touchmark Senior Living
Wingate by Wyndham
To learn more, contact Ona Lepard, Community Placement Programs Director, at 442-8632, via email at email@example.com, or complete the contact form below.